1.22.2013

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

 

I got this one from two of my best friends. It has been on my wishlist for so long. Mainly because of the mixed review, how people claimed that the main characters are fucked up and the amount of violence the book should include. I was so excited to read it, I mean. The book definetely was not as expected. There wasn't much violence (at least not to the expected degree), nor was the characters fucked up.

Anyhow, even though it wasn't as expected, I liked it. Well, I more than liked. I didn't put the book down and had read in less than a day. Wuhu. Abby and Travis are both very round and deep. Once you think you know what they'll do, they do something different. I quite like that.

Also, the rest of the characters were to my liking. I loved America, since she's very strong. I loved how America's relationship fit into the story. Jamie McGuire managed to include them in a way that made them a necessary part of the story.

FINALLY A GUY WITH TATTOOS. I LOVE TATTOOS. This was my first thought when reading it. Travis is, the way I imagined him exactly my cup of tea. Maybe that's another reason I love the story so much.

The plot was good. It's one of those where the bad boy gets saved by a girl who's oh so different. As mentioned, not much violence was going on. At least not the kind I had thought. He wasn't violent towards Abby, which was the idea I had gotten.

I was however a bit disapointed with the end. I had hoped Abby wouldn't have been as spontanous as she was. But that's just me.

All in all, if you like bad boy gets saved stories, then PICK this up.

I am going back to drooling over Travis.
See you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment