1.12.2013

Am I Italian yet?


This has to be the best homemade dinner I've managed to make while living alone for two years.
I am not much of cook. Even if I was, my tiny kitchen wouldn't allow me to make something fancy. In the end, I end up eating (wholewheat) bread, a salad with meat or nothing pretty much everyday. Not very healthy, and let's not speak about how boring it tastes after a while.
Also my time doesn't allow me to spend hours in the kitchen and if I want to make something a tad more advanced than bread I do it in the weekends.

As a student, I have to be very careful with how much I spend and I cannot afford to buy take-away everyday, but I still crave pizza. I therefore decided to make a pizza calzone for myself.
I didn't have very high hopes, but it tasted deliscious and was worth the time it took to make. (Barely any, haha) Maybe there is a cook to be found somewhere inside of me - hidden.

So since it wasn't expensive or hard to make, I thought I'd share how it is made. But in the end, I am sure most of you know how. There's no amount written, because I prefer to cook without it. Also, you can change the ingredients to your liking. :D

What you need:
pizza dough,
canned tomatos,
garlic,
spaghetti,
bell pebber,
mushrooms,
ham,
cheese,
oregano.


If you're lazy like me, you'll buy the dough. Go for a healthier option if possible, and take a whole wheat pizza dough. But, in the end I'd recommend you make it yourself.

Cook your spaghetties as you normally would. Add the canned tomatoes in a pan, while the spaghettis cook. Let the tomatoes get warm. Clean and chop the bell pebber & mushrooms into pieces. - As big or small as you like. - Add garlic to the tomatoes, use as much as you like. Taste it to see if there's enough garlic in it. Add bell pebbers, mushrooms, ham and oregano and let it simmer.
If the spaghetties are done, remove the water and add them to the pan.
Put the dough on a baking sheet and put the spaghetti sauce mixture on the dough. Make sure you do not place it in the middle and that you can fold the dough over when you're done.
Add the cheese on top of the spaghetties and fold the dough over.
Add some oregano to the top if you want.

Put it in the oven and wait till it's finished. (use the time that's stated on the dough (if bought) or in the recipe that you used for the dough.

Viola, there you have your homemade calzone. Enjoy your meal.





No comments:

Post a Comment